Saturday, April 11, 2009

Reformed University Fellowship


Reformed University Fellowship (RUF for short) is a nondenominational organization at Trinity that allows students the opportunity to learn more about Christ and faith. RUF has weekly meetings called RUF Large Group where we all meet at the chapel on campus to hear the word of God and fellowship. I enjoy going to RUF because the people there have built a strong community of love that's truly inspirational. I learn about Christianity as well as my role and opportunities as a Christian in society. To be completely honest, I was skeptical of the organization at first because I was never really open about my faith in the past. I was unsure if the people there were going to have Bibles "glued" to their hands and be relentless in their pursuit to turn me into something my imagination had not yet constucted. As you can imagine, that was not the case. Everyone was warm, inviting and accepted me at whatever point on the path to God I was at. RUF has become a part of my life. It has allowed me to begin conversations with God about numerous things I've kept inside for years. RUF stands for Reformed University Fellowship, and I am a Reformed University Follower.

1 comment:

  1. How many students are a part of this group? TU provides many wonderful opportunities for students.

    ReplyDelete